What is a Smart City?
Combining technology and community development expertise, UniCity works with governments of all sizes to problem solve through smart city solutions. Building on a foundation of connectivity through fiber and high-speed public Wi-Fi networks, UniCity works hand-in-hand with communities to custom build a suite of technology applications to impact business district vibrancy, neighborhood-based enhancements, public safety, and data-driven policy decision making.
Economic and Community Development
- Drive business growth with data analytics and targeted engagement software
- Attract visitors and business by creating strong public spaces, sense of place, and vibrancy
- Engage and inform visitors of relevant information while in the city
- Data analytics increase knowledge of visitors and residents to provide better informed decisions
- Data security ensures private and otherwise sensitive data that may be collected is safeguarded and accessible only to the intended recipients
Drive business growth
Engage and inform
- Provide high-speed internet access to residents who may not be able to afford or access service otherwise
- Develop a digital equity strategy with connectivity, devices, and training
- Connect to resources such as job training, healthcare, financial health, public assistance, and more
- Collect robust analytics to measure impacts
Address digital equity
Access to resources
- Connect visitors to your venue’s amenities and improve the visitor experience
- Use public safety features such as triggers and dedicated bandwidth for security
- Monitor heat maps real-time and analyze traffic flow through your venue
- Collect data on visitor demographics through user profiling
Video surveillance cameras
UniCity Success Stories
The City of Wyoming’s goal is to utilize the Smart City technology to provide a quicker recovery post Covid-19. We want to better engage our visitors and residents by providing seamless event navigation, calendar updates, latest news in parks and recreation, restaurant and retail specials and deals, maps and walking directions, and DORA (Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area) guidelines and mapping boundaries.
Partnering with altafiber to bring high-speed fiber-based Internet to our members fulfills the cooperative’s mission of improving the quality of life in our communities and enhancing our electric reliability. We are excited to be working with a local broadband provider. We know altafiber is a committed partner in helping to bring fiber not only to our substations, but to our members and surrounding communities as well. The telecommunications industry is fast-changing, but we will continue to work with altafiber until the cooperative’s members have access to fiber-based Internet service.
We are so incredibly grateful for altafiber’s generosity. The importance of connectivity within the Oregon District cannot be overstated. altafiber’s work with us improves our ability to connect with each other and with the broader Dayton community.
We are very grateful for their commitment and enthusiasm to this project, and we are proud to have them as our technology partner moving forward. This collaborative approach to this project is a great example of the many partnerships that are contributing to the success of Levitt Pavilion Dayton. We look forward to seeing everyone on the lawn!
Public Wi-Fi offers a new dimension to our urban core by offering a public service while also strengthening public spaces. It opens possibilities for distribution of information and broader community engagements.
When the city decided to pursue our public Wi-Fi project, the first company we reached out to was altafiber. The quality of their technology, their customer service, and their people are exceptional. We value the relationship we have made with altafiber and look forward to our continued partnership.